20/11/2018 - 21/11/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday November 20th & Wednesday November 21st, 2018
If you wish to attend this class in Surrey BC, please register below. Upon registration you will be contacted to finalize the registration process and confirm your attendance.
Gelato (or sorbetto when made with water) is a frozen dessert that originates from Italy and is known for its intense flavours, artisan presentation and nutritious value. While considered somewhat similar to ice cream, the ingredients, production, flavouring, presentation, nutrition and texture all differentiate it.
PreGel CANADA offers a two-day course on the foundations of gelato and sorbetto production. Students will be educated on how to use cold and hot process machines, as well as the proper use of batch freezers and display cases. The class also covers recipe formulation, serving, cleaning and sanitizing procedures for daily operations. Those in attendance will learn the secrets of decorating and displaying gelato and sorbetto.
Length of Class: 2-days
You will learn…
- History of gelato and sorbetto
- Standard recipes and basic balancing of recipes
- Hands-on production and procedures
– Producing a variety of gelati and sorbetti
– Proper procedures to use a variety of gelato equipment
- Assistance with serving and selling gelato to your customers
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment
- Basic food costs
- PreGel CANADA’s product offerings including:
Cost: $200 administration fee + applicable taxes
Bookings are closed for this event.