23/03/2021 - 24/03/2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday March 23rd & Wednesday March 24th, 2021
Device connected with video and microphone
Skype Application (Free)
If you wish to attend this online class, please register below. Upon registration you will be contacted to finalize the registration process and confirm your attendance.
Gelato and Sorbetto are frozen desserts that originate in Italy and are known for their intense flavours and beautiful presentation. While similar to ice cream, gelato has less fat and less air, giving it a smooth texture and rich flavour. In Fundamentals of Gelato & Sorbetto, participants will oversee a variety of machines and a large assortment of ingredients to create many flavours of delicious, artisanal gelato and sorbetto.
In this online course, participants will learn basic recipe formulation, cleaning and sanitizing procedures, serving tips, and troubleshooting. Attendees are certain to leave the class with a strong foundation of knowledge and the confidence to create gelato and sorbetto of the highest quality.
Length of Class: 2-days
You will learn…
- History of gelato and sorbetto
- Standard recipes and basic balancing of recipes
- Producing a variety of gelati and sorbetti including vegan options
- Proper procedures when using a variety of gelato equipment
- Assistance with serving and selling gelato to your customers
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment
- Basic Business Plan Overview
- Basic food costs
- PreGel CANADA’s product offerings including:
Cost: $175.00 CAD administration fee + applicable taxes
Note: “The above curriculum is a sample curriculum that may change slightly due to new ideas, products, or seasonality”.
Bookings are closed for this event.