23/04/2019 - 24/04/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday April 23rd & Wednesday April 24th, 2019
If you wish to attend this class in Aurora Ontario, please register below. Upon registration you will be contacted to finalize the registration process and confirm your attendance.
Expanding on “The Fundamentals of Gelato & Sorbetto Production” class, PreGel CANADA offers a two-day course on the advanced production of gelato and sorbetto. Students will be educated on the more advanced flavours and flavour combinations of gelato and sorbetto, including alcohol infusions. The class also covers the formulation of customized recipes, the scientific approach to ingredient composition and the effect of each ingredient on the final composition of gelato and sorbetto. From traditional to extreme and trendy flavours, the class ultimately focuses on unique gelato and sorbetto recipe formulations to fit your business needs.
Length of Class: 2 days
You will learn…
- Advanced gelato and sorbetto flavours and flavour combinations, including alcohol flavours
- Scientific approach to ingredient composition and the effect of each ingredient on the final composition of gelato and sorbetto
- Introduction to the use of various bases including White, Yellow, and Chocolate
- Calculating the sweetness and serving temperature of a gelato or sorbetto
- Hands-on production and procedures
- Producing a variety of gelato and sorbetto
- Proper procedures to use a variety of gelato equipment
- Advanced finishing and garnishing techniques
- PreGel CANADA’s product offerings including:
*Prerequisite: The Fundamentals of Gelato and Sorbetto Production or 6 months of practical experience in a gelato shop
Cost: $200 administration fee + applicable taxes
Bookings are closed for this event.